Below are some of our past beneficiaries. Each year’s beneficiaries are selected from an application and review process. The applications for 2019 will be open in the future. Stay tuned for announcements and links to the applicant form.
Gay & Lesbian Community Center of the Ozarks
Supports the well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) persons in the greater Springfield, Missouri area.
- Providing services to more than 1200 area youth annually
- Longest running LGBT community center in the state of Missouri
- Provides a place for support groups to meet
- Galaxy’s Open Forum – a safe place for LGBT teens to meet and discuss issues important to their lives
AIDS Project of the Ozarks
APO’s mission is to provide education to the general public and services to persons with HIV infection, their families, and significant others in a confidential, caring environment.
- Serving over 600 clients in 29 counties throughout SW Missouri
- 26 Staff Members, On-site Physician, Four satellite offices
- Offering Medical care, Dental care & Lab services
- Emotional Support & Education
- On and Off-site HIV/STD testing
Missouri’s only statewide rights advocacy organization working for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender equality through community outreach and education.
- Builds alliances with other progressive groups and reaches out to marginalized segments of the LGBT community
- PROMO FUND identifies issues of importance to Missouri’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender citizens and
- Educates both members of the LGBT community, as well as the community at large, on important issues
Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network
Ensures that every member of every school community is valued and respected.
- New to Springfield in 2014
- Promotes research on LGBT issues in education
- Researches impacts of bullying in schools
- Provides issues education on local, state and national level
PFLAG of The Ozarks
Promotes the health and well-being of Gay, Lesbian, bisexual and transgendered persons, their families and friends through:
- Support for families, allies and people who are LGBTQ
- Education for ourselves and others about the unique issues and challenges that facing people who are LGBTQ
- Advocacy in our communities to change attitudes and create policies and laws that achieve full equality for people who are LGBTQ.
Men’s Chorus of The Ozarks
The Men’s Chorus of the Ozarks seeks to offer innovative and provocative musical performances for the educational and cultural enrichment of the Ozarks.
The Chorus creates a sense of hospitality, fun and enjoyment in it performances.
The Chorus encourages new ways of thinking about people, their challenges and achievements.
The Chorus install a more robust strength of character and reassurance in all who hear its voices.
Rare Breed Youth Services
Provides a clean, safe, sober place for runaway and at-risk youth in Springfield.
- Part of The Kitchen, Inc since 2000
- Free and confidential services to youth 13 to 20
- Serves hundreds of youth each year, many of whom are LGBT
Queen City Voices
Through music we promote equality and positive enrichment
Empower Missouri advocates for the well-being of all Missourians through civic leadership, education and research, while envisioning Missouri becoming a more just, equitable and democratic society that assures every person’s health, safety, security, independence, human rights, dignity and the opportunity to reach full potential.