Springfield Black Tie is southwest Missouri’s premier fund raising event benefiting local and state-wide charities which serve the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT+) community. In the past fourteen years, Black Tie has raised almost $650,000 for its beneficiaries. Springfield Black Tie, Inc. is a qualified 501(c)(3) charity under IRS code.
Springfield Black Tie is an amazing evening of philanthropy, entertainment and empowerment, where over 600 of Springfield’s best dressed guests enjoy the following:
- Socializing and networking with friends, old and new, over hors d’oeuvres and cocktails
- A sumptuous plated dinner and decadent desserts • Hundreds of fabulous silent auction items valued at over $50,000
- Entertainment by dynamic local and professional performers
- Dancing the night away to favorite tunes
Each year we raise the bar a notch in unique and unexpected ways, delivering the highest quality event possible for both our sponsors and our guests.
Black Tie guests passionately support our beneficiary charities. When you reach out to our guests you are reaching out to persons with the following demographics:
- 65% have income double the median household income of Springfield
- 70% own their own home
- 95% prefer to shop with businesses or brands supporting LGBT+ communities
- 40% fly more than 4 times per year for work or leisure
- 76% of attendees use their Black Tie program throughout the year to make purchasing decisions
As with most philanthropically-minded individuals, our guests have significant disposable income. In short, we are wonderful, loyal customers.
Springfield Black Tie is an all-volunteer organization, so we can return the maximum amount of monies raised to our charities. Support for Springfield Black Tie comes from national and local corporations, businesses and individuals who:
- Sponsor the event through cash or in-kind services donations
- Purchase advertisements in the event program
- Donate items to Black Tie Silent Auction
- Attend Black Tie
Sponsors, advertisers and donors are encouraged to attend and find out why Black Tie is Springfield’s most festive fundraising event of the year.
Springfield Black Tie, Inc. is exempt from Federal Income Tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions made to Springfield Black Tie, Inc. are tax deductible under section 170 of the Code and bequests, devises, transfers or gifts are qualified as tax deductible under section 2055, 2106 or 222 of the Code.